Dental Implants – Dallas, TX
Replacement Teeth That Look and Feel Natural
Dental implants in Dallas offer a wide range of unique benefits that make them stand out from their traditional tooth replacement counterparts, making them a popular choice for patients looking to restore their smiles. Whether you’re missing one, several, or all of your teeth, Dr. Patel can complete the entire dental implant treatment process from start to finish in the comfort of our dental office. Schedule a consultation today to learn if you’re a good candidate for natural-looking and feeling replacement teeth with dental implants.
Why Choose Prestige Dental for Dental Implants?
- Start-to-Finish Dental Implant Treatment
- All-on-4 Implant Dentures Available
- We Accept & Maximize Dental Insurance
What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are small titanium posts that are surgically placed below the gumline and into the jawbone to replace the roots of missing teeth. Due to their biocompatibility, they’re able to naturally fuse with the bone through a process called osseointegration, allowing them to provide a strong and stable foundation for prosthetics to be attached to. Depending on how many teeth you need to have replaced, dental implants can be positioned within the mouth to support a dental crown, bridge, or denture.
The 4-Step Dental Implant Process
- The Initial Consultation: The first step of every treatment that we do is a consultation. This visit allows Dr. Patel to customize every patient’s journey to fit their unique needs. During this visit, our team will present you with a treatment plan as well as a cost estimate, allowing you to decide whether you’d like to move forward to the next steps in the dental implant process.
- Dental Implant Surgery: To place your dental implants, Dr. Patel will make a small incision in your gumline. Once the implants are secured in the jawbone, he will stitch the gums closed and allow them to heal.
- Osseointegration & Abutment Attachment: Over the next three to six months after your surgery, your implants will undergo a process called osseointegration, where they fuse with the bone structure. Once your gums have healed, Dr. Patel will be able to attach abutments to your implants, which are small, metal connector pieces.
- Securing the Dental Implant Restoration: Finally, we’ll call you back in to secure your permanent prosthetic to your implants and restore your smile.
Benefits of Dental Implants
Over 500,000 dental implants are placed every year! They are quickly becoming one of the most popular ways to replace missing teeth thanks to their numerous benefits. Because they are placed in the jawbone, they restore the entirety of the tooth instead of just what you see. Dental implants can dramatically improve your confidence, health, and quality of life! Here are just some of the many benefits you can experience:
Dental implants should feel just like natural teeth once they have completely healed. You should be able to enjoy all of the same things you could before losing your teeth. Here are some of the many benefits you can experience every day:
- Easy Maintenance: To care for your dental implants, you just do what you normally would. Brush twice and floss every day. Rinse with mouthwash and attend your regular cleanings and checkups.
- Increased Confidence: Confidence is very important. However, tooth loss is something many people are self-conscious about. When you replace your missing teeth with dental implants, you can show off your smile with confidence.
- Restores Bite Force: Your bite force can be restored up to 90% or more! You can’t expect those results from dental bridges or dentures.
Dental implants can have a positive impact on your health. Here are some of the benefits they offer:
- Improved Dental Health: By replacing your missing teeth with dental implants, you can lower your risk of cavities, gum disease, infections, and additional tooth loss.
- Prevents Bone Loss: When you are missing teeth, bone loss quickly follows. Fortunately, implants stimulate the jawbone when you chew, preventing bone loss.
- Better Overall Health: Excellent dental health has a positive impact on your entire body. By keeping your smile healthy, you can reduce your risk of serious health problems, like diabetes and heart disease.
Dental implants are an investment in the future of your smile. Here are some amazing things that you can experience for many decades, or even the rest of your life:
- Long-Lasting: Dental implants can last a lifetime if you take good care of them.
- Save Money: Dental implants don’t need adhesive or soaking solutions. You are also unlikely to need repairs or replacements.
- Successful: Dental implants have an amazing success rate of over 95%. You are very unlikely to experience a dental implant failure.
Who Dental Implants Can Help
Dental implants can help patients who find themselves in a variety of different tooth loss situations. Whether you’re missing a single, several, or all of your teeth, Dr. Patel can customize your treatment to address your unique needs and case. Based on his initial evaluation of your smile, he’ll outline a treatment plan that can include any of the following routes:
Missing One Tooth
Replacing a single tooth is easy with dental implants. Our team will simply place one dental implant in the gap in your arch. Once it has fused with the bone and the gums have healed, we’ll secure an abutment to the implant that will allow us to attach a customized, free-standing crown.
Missing Multiple Teeth
Instead of needing to alter your natural, healthy teeth to support a traditional dental bridge, our team can place two dental implants at either edge of the gap in your smile. These will allow us to secure the restoration to the implants instead of your existing teeth.
Missing All of Your Teeth
Dr. Patel is able to restore an entire arch of missing teeth with anywhere from four to six dental implants that will secure a denture in the mouth. Certain cases may also be great candidates for Teeth-in-a-Day, which is a process that allows our team to restore your smile in a single day!
Understanding the Cost of Dental Implants
Every dental implant treatment that our team does is customized to meet the patient’s unique needs, which is why there’s no singular price tag associated with the treatment. The cost of restoring your smile with dental implants will depend on several factors that we will determine during your initial evaluation. Then, once we’ve created your treatment plan, we’ll be able to provide you with a detailed cost estimate that you can review before committing to move forward with the process. We also have some special offers that can help you save on your dental implants. Until your consultation with us, here are some things to take into consideration.
Preliminary Treatments & Dental Implant Surgery
Preliminary treatments, like gum disease therapy, tooth extractions, and bone grafting, are sometimes necessary before we can place your dental implants. These treatments will incur their own costs, but they will help to maximize the success of your replacement teeth. Many of them are partially covered by dental insurance. The entire dental implant process will take place at our practice, so you don’t need to worry about working with an outside surgeon or paying someone else separately for the surgical procedure.
The Parts of Your Dental Implant
Here are some of the most important factors that are considered when determining the cost of your dental implants:
- Number of dental implants: The number of dental implants that you need will depend on the number of teeth you are missing and where they are located in the mouth. The more implants you need, the higher the cost will be.
- Type of restoration” Dental crowns, bridges, and dentures all have different prices. Most of the time, the smaller the restoration is, the lower the cost.
- Materials: Implants are usually made from titanium, but zirconia is also sometimes used. These materials have different price points.
- Brand of dental implant: Just like any other product, dental implants come from a variety of manufacturers. This influences their cost.
How Dental Implants Can Save You Money
Many patients are tempted to choose other tooth replacement options, like dentures and dental bridges, due to their lower cost. They may seem more affordable at first, but the one-time cost of dental implants could be the more cost-effective option in the long run. You won’t need to worry about paying for replacements or adjustments because dental implants are made to last for many decades. You don’t need to stock up on adhesives or soaking solutions either. Dental implants also help you to keep up a healthier smile, preventing issues later on that are costly to treat. When considering if dental implants are the right option for you, it’s important to look at the entire picture. Dental implants are an investment in the future of your smile.
Does My Dental Insurance Cover Dental Implants?
Dental insurance doesn’t typically cover dental implant post, but there are some exceptions. Portions of your treatment may be covered by insurance, like a percentage of your final restoration or preliminary treatments. Our team is happy to review the details of your plan. If you need any help understanding how your dental insurance works, don’t hesitate to reach out.
Making Dental Implants Affordable
If you don’t have dental insurance, this doesn’t mean that you are completely out of luck. Here are some ways you can save:
- Dental Membership Plan: With our Dental Membership plan, you can get discounts on numerous treatments completed at our practice, including dental implants.
- Special Offers: We offer a variety of dental implant specials to help you save on your treatment.
- Financing Options: We work with Sunbit and CareCredit. They are third-party financing companies that can split the cost of your treatment into manageable monthly installments.
To find out exactly how much your implants will cost, schedule a consultation with us. We are eager to give you your smile back!
Maintaining & Caring for Your Dental Implants
Now that you have new dental implants, you have all sorts of benefits to experience. However, it’s super important that you take steps every day to maintain them. If you aren’t protecting your smile, you could experience a dental implant failure. Here are some simple precautions and healthy habits to implement so you never have to worry about missing teeth again.
Make Oral Hygiene a Priority
Your dental implants can’t get cavities, but the teeth surrounding them can, and you are still at risk for gum disease that can destabilize your implants. Continue to brush twice and floss every day. Choose a soft-bristled toothbrush and fluoridated toothpaste for the best results. Use mouthwash to keep your smile extra fresh.
Eat a Healthy Diet
You can enjoy whatever foods you’d like when you have dental implants. This means you are free to eat an expansive diet with many different nutritious foods. However, it is still a good idea to avoid indulging in hard, sticky, or sugary items. Instead, ensure that you are eating plenty of foods that contain calcium and vitamin C so you can keep your jaw and gums strong and healthy.
Break Bad Habits
Bad dental habits can lead to a broken or failed dental implant. You should refrain from smoking and chewing tobacco. These habits slow healing and encourage infection. Don’t use your teeth as tools and avoid chewing on hard objects, like ice, pens, and pencils.
Protect Your Dental Implants
Dental implants are very strong, but they aren’t indestructible. You should wear a mouthguard to protect your dental implants during sports. If you grind your teeth at night, you may want to consider opting for a nightguard to avoid wear and tear on your implants and natural teeth.
Schedule Regular Dental Checkups
You should see us every six months for regular cleanings and checkups. This way, we can continue to monitor your natural teeth and dental implants. If we spot any issues, we can address them as soon as possible!
Dental Implant FAQs
Dental implants represent a cutting-edge solution for tooth replacement, blending both functionality and aesthetics. As they've grown in popularity, numerous questions have arisen regarding their installation, maintenance, and benefits. Whether you're considering dental implants to restore your smile, or simply curious about the procedure, this FAQ section aims to address the most common inquiries and concerns about the treatment.
Does Getting Dental Implants Hurt?
While the idea of getting dental implants might seem intimidating, the procedure itself is designed to minimize discomfort. Local anesthesia is administered to numb the area, ensuring patients don't feel pain during the implant placement. Post-operative discomfort varies but is usually manageable with over-the-counter pain relievers and tends to diminish within a few days. It's common to experience some swelling, bruising, or mild pain after the procedure, but these symptoms are temporary. It's important to follow our post-operative care instructions to ensure a smooth recovery. Always communicate with us about any concerns or unusual discomfort.
How Long Do Dental Implants Last?
Dental implants are renowned for their durability and longevity. With proper care and maintenance, the implant itself—the titanium post fused with the jawbone—can last a lifetime. Factors affecting an implant's lifespan include oral health habits, regular dental check-ups, and avoiding undue stress on the implant, like using teeth as tools or chewing very hard items. In essence, with consistent care and periodic check-ups, dental implants can serve as a long-term solution for missing teeth.
How Long Does It Take to Recover from Dental Implant Surgery?
Recovery from dental implant surgery varies among individuals, but most patients experience initial healing within 7-10 days, during which time any swelling, bruising, or minor discomfort subsides. However, the complete healing process, involving osseointegration (the fusion of the implant with the jawbone), can take several months. This phase ensures the implant's stability and longevity. Patients are typically able to return to work or regular activities within a few days post-surgery, but it's essential to avoid strenuous physical activity and follow dietary guidelines during the initial recovery to ensure optimal healing. Always consult with us about specific recovery timelines and post-operative care.
Are Dental Implants Safe?
Yes, dental implants are considered safe when performed by experienced and qualified dental professionals. Over decades of use, dental implants have proven to be a reliable and effective solution for tooth replacement. Made typically from biocompatible materials like titanium, implants are designed to integrate with the jawbone without adverse reactions. As with any surgical procedure, there are potential risks, such as infection, damage to surrounding teeth, or sinus complications. However, these risks are minimal and are further reduced when patients adhere to post-operative care instructions and maintain regular dental check-ups.